- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Team player, able to multi-task and strong time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with Board members, committee chairs, volunteers and the public
- Detail orientated with a high degree of accuracy
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to meet challenging and tight deadlines
- Able to take initiative, but also take direction
- Shows professionalism and ethical behaviour
- Handles information with confidentiality
- Interest in marketing and promotion of the organization an asset
- Completion of a 2 year College Program specific to office administration related specialty or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated computer experience related to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Access) required, Social Media update/maintenance
- Bookkeeping and data entry an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be bondable
- Must agree to Police/CIPC check
- Knowledge of agricultural and fair industry an asset
- CPR/First Aid Certification an asset
Supervised By: President and/or his/her delegate.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep President informed and current on issues at all times
- Assist follow through on maintenance agreements or contracts
- Co-ordinate Commercial Vendors at fair with Vendor Committee, perform all paperwork in regards to requesting and receiving contracts for Commercial Vendors
- Co-ordinate Winter Storage with Storage Manager(s), perform all paperwork in regards to billing and receiving payment for such
- Assure that communication is relayed to appropriate individual
- Handle all complaints in a pleasant manner
- Maintains a clean organized office environment
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends prior to and throughout the duration of the Brigden Fair
- Available for spring and fall storage seasons
- Must be able to attend some evening meetings (Board, Executive) and also attend District and Provincial events as requested.
- Investigate funding opportunities through community contacts.
- Assist with inventory and purchasing as directed
- Fulfillment of other duties as requested.