- Last Updated on Saturday, 28 September 2013 16:04
Sunday, October 20, 2013
Start Time: 12:00pm
*No rule changes from 2012
DOWNLOAD THE REGISTRATION FORM AND RULES
DOWNLOAD THE REGISTRATION FORM AND RULES
Everyone pays at the gate a $10.00 fee – No money is refunded for anyone.
Registration - $30.00
Heat Wins - $100.00 Consolation Wins - $100.00
FINAL HEAT WINS
Vehicles over 106” Wheelbase 1st Place $1,000.00 2nd Place $250.00
Vehicles 106” and under Wheelbase 1st Place $ 750.00 2nd Place $250.00
Please have cars in pit area at least 2 hours before show time of 12:00 noon, and sign in by 10:00 a.m. deadline. PIT AREA OPEN – 9:00 a.m. Tech officials will be present at 9:30 a.m. Inspection will begin at 10:00 a.m.
Dumpster will be supplied for scrap – PLEASE USE IT!! But please do not bring your scrap from home. Don’t jeopardize your registration in the next event.
POLICE OFFICER ON GROUNDS – THERE IS ZERO TOLERANCE FOR USE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS.
RULES OF BRIGDEN FAIR DEMOLITION DERBY
1. Drivers MUST have a valid driver’s license, minimum of G2, to be shown at REGISTRATION.
2. Each driver must have an entry form made out completely and all drivers and pit crew must sign the liability waiver.
3. The Association reserves the right to approve or reject any entries.
4. Only owners, drivers, mechanics who have signed the liability waiver release will be permitted in the pit area or in the demo area and must be at least 16 years of age. NO CHILDREN ALLOWED IN THE PIT AREA AT ANY TIME!
5. Any driver or pit crew not obeying the rules will cause his car to be disqualified.
6. The driver is responsible for the actions of his pit crew and anyone connected with his entry.
7. The use of alcoholic beverages or drugs before or during the show by the driver or pit crew will disqualify the cars entry. Driver and crew will be removed from the grounds.
8. All drivers must obey the flagman and officials. Know what the flags mean.
9. The Association will not be held responsible for any cars, parts or personal property before, during or after the show. All cars must be stripped down before entering grounds. All parts removed from demo car must be removed from grounds.
1. The decisions of the officials in any and all matters concerning the demolition are final.
2. All the drivers must attend the drivers meeting prior to the derby.
3. Safety belts and street approved helmets are mandatory. All cars and drivers must be equipped with the proper safety equipment such as helmets, seatbelts and goggles or shield. All drivers must wear acceptable attire. No shorts, tank tops or short sleeves. Long sleeves or coveralls and work boots are recommended.
4. Drivers may maneuver forward or backwards. NO DELIBERATE HEAD ON COLLISIONS OR HITTING THE DRIVERS DOOR DELIBERATELY. THIS MAY LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
5. You must stay in your car. Do not leave car unless you are told to do so by an official and the red flag has been displayed. Leaving your car during the heat gets you disqualified.
6. In the event of a roll-over, stay off the track. Pit crews may not assist a car that has been rolled over or has left the driving area during the heat. A car that rolls is disqualified.
7. If a driver does not hit another live car within 2 minute time limit, they will be disqualified.
8. Playing possum or sandbagging will get you disqualified.
9. Teaming up will get you disqualified.
10. Any car visibly leaking gas will be disqualified.
11. One MAJOR fire and you are out.
12. No car is allowed on the track prior to the heat in which he is to participate.
13. A heat winner MUST drive the same car in the MAIN FEATURE that they won with in his heat.
14. At the start of the heat you are to hit the car across from you first only. If there is no car across from you, you are to backup with the other cars (hitting no one). Sitting back and hitting your neighbour first will get you disqualified.
15. Pits are open at 9:00 a.m. All entries are on a first come first serve basis. There is a limit to how many cars may enter, so make sure you come on time.
16. NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS IN THE PIT AREA.
17. There will be absolutely NO WHINING tolerated. JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL!!
18. Decisions made at drivers meeting overrule all other rules and are final.
19. Any of the final three (3) cars in any heat will be pulled apart if become locked together, only amongst themselves.
20. The car winning the final is subject to another inspection.
CAR/VAN AND SAFETY RULES
1. Any North American made front engine, hard-top automobile is allowed, with the exception of the following: NO JEEP, HEARSE, CARRY-ALL, TAXI, FULL SIZE VAN OR FULL SIZE CARGO VAN.
2. Flat plate ONLY may be applied to outside of car. Drivers door only – ¼" thick – no wider than 12" and no longer than 72". May be bolted or welded.
3. All the glass must be removed, including the windshield. Safety goggles or glasses must be worn at all times by the driver.
4. The auto must be swept clean.
5. All the chrome stripping and the mirrors must be removed from the car.
6. One bar can be used in the driver’s seat, but is not required ( maximum diameter).
7. DRIVERS DOOR MUST BE PAINTED WHITE and contain no advertising. This area is only for the numbering. Absolutely no hanging of foreign objects on cars i.e. flags or dolls. Entrants are encouraged to decorate their car in any manner within the limits of good taste.
8. Numbers will be painted on the cars as they enter the pit. Consideration will be given to special numbers on a first come first serve basis.
9. 4 cylinder heat will be classed by wheelbase – and under.
10. All the other doors and tailgates of a station wagon must be fastened shut by wire, straps or welding
11. Trunk lids must be secured or removed so as not to spring open and impair the driver’s vision during the heat. You may weld the trunk. If you elect to use chain you may not wrap the chain through the trunk to the frame. (That would be considered reinforcement.)
12. No special bumpers, trailer hitches or reinforcements will be allowed. Bumper hitch must be completely removed.
13. The removal of fenders or any major body component is not allowed.
14. Batteries to be removed to passenger side in the car. Batteries must be securely fastened and covered with a suitable shield.
15. A 10- hole must be cut in the hood over the carburetor in case of fire.
16. All cars must have brakes before and during the heats.
17. No spring jacks, air bags, air shocks or blocked shocks. Suspension must be free of any blocks. Spot welding of front and rear bumpers is permitted as long as gas shocks have been drilled and drained.
18. ANY CAR DEEMED REINFORCED WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
19. The use of an auxiliary gas tank is mandatory. The original tank must be completely removed. The auxiliary tank must be of sturdy construction and placed in the center of where the rear seat was over the drive shaft.
20. No more than (3) gallons of fuel at one time is allowed. The fuel must have a suitable cover.
21. The radiator and transmission coolers must remain in the original position of the car. Radiator may only contain water, no anti-freeze. Radiator must be comprised of original equipment as in North American made automobiles. Transmission coolers must be placed under the hood.
22. The back seat and the complete interior must be removed from the car. All but the front driver’s seat and the dashboard should be removed. THE INTERIOR IS A FIRE HAZARD AND NO CAR WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER WITH IT STILL IN THE CAR.
23. No fluids in tires and wheel weights must be removed – maximum P235- D.O.T. approved tires, no fork lift tires, no solid tires, no split rims, no screwing tires to rims or studding. No studded tires, snow tires or cut tires. No fluids and wheel weights must be approved.
24. The auxiliary tank must be of sturdy construction and placed in the centre of where the rear seat was over the drive shaft.
25. Each car must include a FIRE EXTINGUISHER attached securely to the car within easy reach of the driver.
26. Fuel injected cars can move the original gas tank into the back seat in place of CSA approved fuel tank. It must be well secured with leak proof fittings and have a fire proof shield. It must also have a safety toggle switch for fuel pump.
27. Roll bar if used must be used behind the driver’s seat, but not attached to the frame or roof.
28. Transmission tip stick must be taped up.
29. No excessive bending of a car unless from a previous derby.
30. Additional safety rules may be stipulated at entry time. THE DECISION OF THE JUDGES IS FINAL.
TRUCK SAFETY RULES
1. No larger than ¾ ton, No 4X4 drives, No extended cabs or crew cabs.
2. Stock front end and Rear ends, Stock front and rear BUMPERS.
3. A bar or wire mesh must be placed behind drivers head.
4. Only a Steel CSA approved tank will be allowed and must be bolted to the frame.
5. The box must be bolted in 4 points to the frame. After inspection the tank must be covered with a fire proof shield.
6. Body bolt washer no larger than 3X3.
PROTESTING: If a driver has a viable protest, it will be dealt with after preliminary heat by track officials before the consolation heat.